Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Why I Started Derby

My derby name is KOZMIC BRUISE, Number B612...
...and I'm proudly part of the Paris RollerGirls.
 
I dropped by about one year ago, I liked it and stayed a bit... but then we had to face a terrible but common problem for Parisian sports(wo)men, and this during a good bunch of months: no gym to train! We had to stop training during automn because wind and drizzle don't mix very well with skating...
 
Luckily enough we finally found a (provisory) gym in the near suburbs on a campus, and we could resume our trainings for good in January.
It was a second try, we lost girls on the way but new girls arrived. I came back too, more motivated than ever, after difficult automn months when I had to make an aweful decision -- quitting freestyle skating competitions because I was choking in there little by little, my passion was becoming more and more poisonous to me...
 
I clung to Derby to forget Freestyle, yes indeed, but also (and above all) because I found self-confident, amazing, improbable, and loving people coming from everywhere in the World.
This is all new to me because I never practiced a team-sport. I've always done creative individual activities (dancing, freestyling) so this is quite a new challenge and I'm really curious about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment