Sunday, October 27, 2013

FMyLife #11: Hip Check!

According to the Urban Dictionary, "HIP CHECKING" means:
"to physically impact someone at the hip by using the hip. It is a versatile action but can especially be used as a greeting or to show playful aggression or disagreement.
She hip checked him when he told her that chicks were weak."
In the context of derby, it is an unfortunate effect of a hit turning bad. Tested. I will not display a picture of my hip because there is nothing to see, not even an itsy bitsy tiny bruise. It's been one week and I suspect I may have stretched/torn an ab. Time will tell.

In the meantime I have searched the Internet and asked information around about crashpads. I was looking for a light one that would just cover the hips and I stumbled upon volleyball items. I am impatiently waiting for the McDavid 9230 hexpad shorts. I am counting on them to cushion the repeated shocks during the everlasting hit sessions at training! FML.

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you a speedy recovery. I injured my left leg (calf, hamstring, sciatic, derby practice) about 5 months ago, still off skates :-/ Hope you're seeing a physiotherapist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will (see a physio) and I WILL (recover quickly) ;) It's not that bad but it's the kind of little injuries that can last for ages because "yeah it's nothing"... I wish your leg a good recovery...

      Delete
  2. Remets-toi bien!
    P.

    ReplyDelete