Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Skates and Planes

I took the plane last weekend. All my little habits came back to me, but it had been a (relatively) long time since my last visit at the airport and a flash crossed my mind: I definitely don’t understand the efficiency of their security system.

  • 1. LUGGAGE CHECK-IN
First of all, you have no choice but spending your whole trip away from your baby-skates: they will be choking in your luggage under a pile of suitcases in the trunk of the plane, while you will be (comfortably?) seating on a chair. And why is it so? Because your frames/plates are weapons.
True, I’m so into stabbing the eyes of the pilot or exploding the windows of the plane with my trucks.

Although I think that it’s a little extreme, I suppose that there are no distinctions in the rules for the different kinds of skates, and that ice skates could be enough to crash a plane. (!!!)

 
  • 2. CUSTOM CONTROL
While you experience palpation because you unfortunately forgot a metal object in one of your pockets, your hand bag is scanned with X-Rays. Now don’t you forget a tiny little skate tool in your bag (skaters always have spare tools with them): you’d never see them again. Ever. 

I had to say goodbye to a poor little key… it was so small that when I had checked a couple of minutes before – at the luggage check-in – it had slipped through my fingers: I had saved two bigger brothers but not the youngest. I obviously tried to soften the employee up but, obviously again, without success.


Now... What's the use of all of this if they keep on serving meals with steel cutlery on long flights?

3 comments:

  1. I never check my skates in and I have never had a problem bringing them on as carry-on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... Maybe quad-skates are not a problem, but unfortunately inline skates often cause trouble. Must be the shape of the frame, too much dart-like! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah.. .that is probably why you should stay with quads - you don't wanna have weapons on your feet

    ReplyDelete