Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I sk8ed Frisco

In 2010, I had skated San Francisco with Inline Skates (and rockered wheels). In 2012, I did it with quad skates. I want to publicly thank Google for their new special SF application on GoogleMap, indicating the flattest streets for bikes.

That stuff did not exist back in 2010 and that first time was quite a discovery. I would had known in advance what I had been about to do, I would have cancelled my little solo tour. With hindsight I do not regret it, and I actually like to brag about it... but it was intense:
Chinatown, the Coit Tower, Pier 39 and the Fisherman's Warf, Marina Street down to the Golden Gate Bridge, Lombard Street, Cruz Skateshop on the Mission, back to the Hostel, shower and shuttle to the airport where I slept on the carpet waiting for my morning plane.
As far as I remember.
Must have forgotten one or two stops and a couple of hills.

This time, rather than doing a 8-hour tour, I just went for a little skate from the Mission to Haight Street, following google map's advices -- which I knew could be trusted, as Karla and I had had a try the previous day to go to the MOMA (loved Cindy Sherman's exhibition, btw).


Flat, smooth and sunny on top of that.
[bootlicker mode on] I <3 Google. [/off]

I obviously got lost (it is some kind of ritual), and asked for my way in a dry-cleaning laudry... run by a Chinese... who did not speak English. Fail. Hopefully, the next person, an old lady taking her dog out, helped me a lot, mentioning a Frickin' Fried Chicken I had already spotted (classy).
And you know what? I skated into the Chinese guy on my way back and he said hello. How probable is that?


1 comment:

  1. Plano Texas 21 May 2015- Cowboy Cab is designing a new website aimed at helping connect to their current and potential customers online. The company seeks to tap into that audience to see growth in their business. frisco shuttle service

    ReplyDelete