Friday, June 27, 2014

Too busy skating to write.

Juno, the ultimate poser.

I haven't taken the time to write in here for ages - more than a month!

After a black hole of news stories due to my ankle's encounter with a Canadian player, things got pretty hectic at such a sustained pace that I didn't have the time to report them.

Okay, let's be honest, I didn't TAKE the time to do so, because first I was too busy being depressed by my gimpy leg, then I was too busy working out to chase the wrong karma away, and last I was too busy skating to make up for those months of deprivation! (Obviously.)

Here's a little chronological catch-up on the main events of those last two months!



  • I got back on skates in early April, just on time for the agility class I had to lead at our fundraising Bootylicious Bootcamp 2.0 for the Bombshells' trip to Florida at the end of the month. Too early, very stiff, but I honored my commitment.
  • I did my best to recover as much amplitude and strength until that dead line, with the personal aim of being okay enough to be taken heed of for the Florida BEACH BRAWL rosters. Although I didn't play much and despite the frustration on the very moment, reaching that objective and sitting on the bench was a great personal victory on my ascent to recovery.
  • I flew back directly to Clermont-Ferrand where I attended the 3rd 2014 TEAM FRANCE Training, which unfolded far better than the last one, in an atmosphere close to that of our beginnings: we managed to overcome that ordeal altogether as a team and our play improved towards a new level of group awareness and synchronization as a consequence!
  • Hardly back from France, I found myself freeskating the streets of Berlin for a SHORT FILM about an old taxi driver called "Und ich so: Äh" that should be broadcasted on a national channel in 2015. I was filmed by the biggest camera I had ever seen, placed in an old rental taxi (we had a breakdown episode because it lacked cooling liquid) to illustrate the subjective view of the driver, seeing the urban landscape and daydreaming on the freedom conveyed by the skatergirl, enjoying the city as a huge playground.
  • I went to one of those monthly AFTERWORK ROLLER DISKOS at SO36 where I met the main protagonists of the Berlin Rollerdance world at last, and I started freestyling/dancing again, twice a week, during the freeskate time slots of the league.
  • I kept on publishing every other Friday on my SoundCloud account (and still do) reworked versions of unreleased songs I wrote as a teenager, as part of a series I entitled "Teenage Tunes". I'm not looking for fame, fortune or compliments, but I'm just taking the time to get closure on an unfinished work that was left lying around for too long. Still, you're welcome to peep into it.
  • I had a quick stop in Paris to judge the Classic Freestyle and Speed Slalom competitions at the PARIS SLALOM WORLD CUP, like every year: in two days, I scored and ranked 106 runs of Classic, and took the start of 200 Speed Slalom runs. My reports are HERE and THERE.
  • Nothing to do with skating, but important enough to be mentioned: We brought back a little KITTY SISTER for our lonely cat Deven. She's named Juno and she's a little spoilt princess (see picture above).
  • I learnt THAT TRICK as a result of a motivational challenge with Parisian ROLLERDANCE buddy Florian. Opening new horizons... and reminding that no matter how long you've been skating, despite all the years, those unlockings are still über-exhilarating.
  • We shot a VIDEO with SkateXpress which will be released in the fall. There should be a couple of trailers during the summer! To ease the wait, check out our (low-Q... sorry!) 2013 compilation A 1000 Jacks.

See, too busy for virtual life.
Now that I'm up-to-date with the latest news, I promise I'll take a little time to report on the next events!

No comments:

Post a Comment